advisory function draws on a seasoned, international team, uniquely qualified in skills and
experience to assist clients in evaluating operational risk framework options, and in implementing risk management
initiatives. We can provide value-added services at any level of an organisation, from corporate teams to trading
desks to processing facilities, and in virtually any region of the world. Starting with financial service
institutions—where we work with banks, insurers, hedge funds, brokers, regulators, intermediaries,
industry associations, and industry service and technology providers—our consultancy extends to technology,
leisure services, developmental aid and agriculture, as well as other industries.
RiskBusiness's advisory service model is premised on a straight-forward delivery standard: we seek to convey
the same reasoned advice and judgment that a firm would expect from senior risk executives at any of the
world's top firms, on a partnership basis in which we sit shoulder-to-shoulder with clients in designing and
advocating state-of-the-art approaches.
We focus on the individual needs and resources of each client organisation, with specific attention
on why a particular course of action is advisable and "fit for purpose"—rather than simply on how a
pre-fixed plan may be executed. And, we stress the use of internal resources in implementing initiatives,
with guidance and feedback from RiskBusiness, rather than staffing start-up programmes externally.
We take this approach simply because we find it to be the surest path to successful internal adoption of
new programmes and directions.
Our consulting model employs a flexible, strategic approach. We leverage the value-added elements of
RiskBusiness's taxonomy content, tools and services, while at the same time incorporating custom and
user-adopted solutions to address a client's specific framework and programme management needs.
We are equally at home with tactical assignments of a focused nature (such as individual programme reviews
or activation of licensed taxonomy), or with broad programmes undertaken to develop and implement a full,
integrated risk framework with associated programme development.
Typical engagements involve: the review and evaluation of existing programmes; stakeholder alignment;
design of custom tools and content (incorporating industry compatible standards wherever possible to
maximise future utility); recommending progressive programme designs and strategies;
providing and evaluating tools; realigning historic datasets for use in future-state reporting
and analysis; and design/piloting/roll-out of enhanced risk management programmes.
Key examples of RiskBusiness
Advisory Services capabilities include:
- Framework development, including design, implementation and review, for complete frameworks or specific, component elements;
- Extension of the framework approach to a firm's programme initiatives, such as risk and control self-assessment, loss data collection, and the like;
- Validation of operational risk frameworks in connection with local Basel II implementation – click [here] to view a sample project process;
- Strategic risk advisory to boards or internal risk committees;
- Identification, selection and implementation of risk indicators, as well as the definition of thresholds and the design of escalation triggers and reporting programmes; – click [here] to view more details;
- Risk profiling and aggregation;
- Scenario programme development, scenario assessment and scenario parameter benchmarking – click [here] to view a case study;
- Capital model validation and benchmarking;
- ICAAP/Regulatory capital modelling and analysis;
- Customised training and education, as well as workshop facilitation; and
- Customised benchmarking and comparisons of specific risk factors.
For additional information on RiskBusiness
' Risk Advisory Services, please click [here]
, click [here]
to contact a RiskBusiness
representative, click [here]
to make an online enquiry, or email us on email@example.com